Department of English
Dipak Shankar Chakraborty :
- Resource person in a lecture session on Oscar Wilde’s Importance of Being Earnest at Gokhale Memorial College,Kolkata in July,2012.
- Invited as a Resource Person to Directorate of Distance Education,Vidyasagar University-Jogesh Chandra Choudhury College in March 2013.
Department of History
Sri Susobhan Sengupta attended the DEC sponsored one day workshop on Gender Sensitization and Women Empowerment organized by Netaji Subhas Open University on 27/02/2013.
Department of Sanskrit
- Dept. organized a two-phased Spoken Sanskrit Course, From Aug – 2012, which was inaugurated by Dr. Ayan Bhattacharya on 15th July 2012. 30 students participated in this course.
- Organized a UGC Sponsored two-day National Seminar on Samskrite anuuditam Ravindrasahityam from 02.02.2012 to 03.02.2012. sanction no CW-051/11-12(ERO) Dated 08.08.2011, Received from the UGC, Eastern Regional Office, Kolkata.The seminar was inaugurated by Prof. Radha Vallabh Tripathy, V.C., Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi-58.
- The department Orginised Sanskrit Day on 08.08.2012 which was inaugurated by Dr. Arun Ranjan Mishra, Dr. Ayan Bhattacharya, Dr. Rakesh Das and Dr. Giridhari Panda.
Deaprtment of Chemistry
Dr. Prasanta Ghosh was invited to give a lecture on “Stabilization of Organic Radicals Coordinated to Transition Metal Ion” – Jan 09, 2013 at a National Symposium Organized by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara, Kolkata – 118, West Bengal, India.
Dr. Prasanta Ghosh acted as a resource person in the Refresher course in Chemistry, University of Calcutta, Kolkata – 9, Lectures on “Bio-Inorganic Frameworks: Molecular and Electronic Structures” and “Coordination of Organic Radicals” on 07-09-2012.
The Department organized a one-day seminar on ‘Spreading the Knowledge of DNA’ in collaboration with DNA Society of India in the College Hall on September 2012. Some of the distinguished scientist faculty members of J.U. and I.I.C.B. and students of our college attended the seminar.
( www.pghosh.in )
Department of Physics
(a) Dr. Malay Purkait
1. The 8th Asian International Seminar on Atomic and Molecular Physics held at University of Western Australia, Perth from 23 November to 28 November 2008.
2. The XXVII International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions held at Department of Physics, Western Michigan University,
Kalamazoo, USA from 22-28 July , 2009.
3. The XXVII International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions held at Department of Physics, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, UK from July 27 – Aug 02, 2011.
4. ICPEAC 2011 “Correlation and coherence” satellite Conference held at
Department of Physics, University College Dublin, Dublin, UK from August 4 – 6, 2011.
5. XXVIII International Conference on Photonic, Electronic and Atomic Collisions held by Institute of Modern Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, China from July 24 – 30, 2013
Reviewer: Dr. Malay Purkait was given opportunities to review some of the manuscripts submitted to some reputed International Journals such as
- Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics
- Ref. No.: B/479819/PAP
- Ref. No: B/419934/PAP
- Ref. No. : B/396053/PAP
- Indian Journal of Physics
(b) Dr. Sobhan Kumar Sounda
Dr. Sobhan Kumar Sounda participated in the Refresher Course in Physics, entitled, “Perspective in Physics”, from 03.12.2012 to 22.12.2012 conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University.
Department of Mathematics
DR. PARTHASARATHI MUKHOPADHYAY
- Conference in Number Theory: A National Conference organized by Department of Mathematics, Jadavpur University, celebrating the 125th birth Anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan, during December 12-14th 2012.
- The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan: An International Conference organized by Delhi University during 17th -22nd December, 2012 commemorating the 125th birth Anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
Department of Computer Science
Professor Siddhartha Banerjee and Professor Bibek Ranjan Ghosh attend the UGC sponsored Refresher Course on “Free Software Technologies” organized by Academic Staff College, Jadavpur University.
Department of Statistics
Mr. Parthasarathi Chakrabarti, Mr. Tulsidas Mukhopadhyay, Mr. Palas Pal, Mr. Subhadeep Banerjee and Dr. Sankha Bhattacharya attended a refresher Course in Statistics organized by Department of Statistics, University of Calcutta.
Dept of. of Political Science
Prof. Achintyam Chatterjee has authored a book entitled “Text book on Political Science” (H.S. New syllabus of 2013- English Medium)
Department of Philosophy
Sri Arnab Mukhopadhyay
1. Completed the course “First Order Predicated Logic & Modal Logic” offered by Professor Mihir Kumar Chakraborty, (formerly of Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta, and presently a Visiting Professor, School of Cognitive Science, Jadavpur University.) Organized by the School of Cognitive Science, Jadavpur University, from 8th December to 11th May, 2011.
2. Completed the course “Set Theory & Predicated Logic” offered by Professor Mihir Kumar Chakraborty, (formerly of Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta, and presently a Visiting Professor, School of Cognitive Science, Jadavpur University.) Organized by the School of Cognitive Science, Jadavpur University, from Feb - Aug, 2012.
Author of ‘Bismritir Kichu Aage…Protibimbito’, Nandonik, Kolkata. (2008)